Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Potpourri of Stuff

NOTE -- gonna try in this new year not to just fuss about stuff that has to do with divorce, J****, and stuff like that. Because my life has so much more to fuss about. So without further adieu -- today's rants.
----------------A NEW BANK ACCOUNT --

Back in 1999 I divorced my first husband, who I found out from J**** (of all people) recently had a stroke or a heart attack. (We're not even 40.) At that time we had an account at the credit union and he had a loan with them. I moved my account to my hometown, and he kept his account and loan at the credit union. He later filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Since I was the "primary member" with the credit union it comes back on me and now the credit union will NOT let me open a new account with them.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh.

So -- I've fussed and fumed about my money problems, starting today - was going to be a new account, new year, blah, blah, blah and I'm still carrying 1,400 bucks around. I need to pay my mortgage darnit.

I've been divorced from this man since March of 1999 and he is still stressing me out.

----------------

THE VAN AND CHRISTMAS EVE

Christmas Eve 2005 we were going to J****'s mother's for our Christmas Eve celebration. J**** rolls down the window to smoke a cigarette and it will NOT roll back up. So we pull over and place his coat in the door to keep the air from blowing on the babies and freezing them. So we flap down the parkway to his mom's. I know, I know -- shame on us for smoking in the van with the kids in the car.

Christmas Eve 2006, we get home from church, pull into the driveway and steam is rolling out from under the hood and liquid is pouring out underneath. I've been driving my mom's car since and for $400 I get my van back today. I hate being broke. Daddy is going to pay for it. He loves me. I feel like such a mooch.

For $400 they replace a gasket that sits somewhere behind the waterpump. The cost is mostly for labor because of where the silly gasket sits and the way that the motor is placed in the van.

But -- next year on Christmas Eve -- I don't think I will drive the van.

----------------

SMOKING AND KIDS

Okay for those of you who are now fuming about J**** smoking in the van with the kids. Cuz I know there are folks like you out there.

I quit smoking on November 12 and am still NOT smoking (more of me to love now). We never did smoke in the house. But wouldn't I really like to sometimes, oh yeah, I can taste one now, menthol and all.....

ahem...

Confession time: I smoked when I was pregnant with my children. With the first child -- I cut back to one or two cigarettes a day -- I ate steamed vegetables and broiled food. She is the wimpiest child that I have and her immune system sucks. With the second child -- about a 1/2 pack a day and with the boy - full fledged 1 pack a day and greasy, artery clogging, food. His immune system is great. The warning on the pack says that smoking may cause low birth weight. Well, I would hate to see how much mine would have weighed if I didn't smoke. Ms. F**** weighed 8 pounds and 1/4 ounce. I felt that 1/4 ounce.

I'm in no way advocating SMOKING and being pregnant. But stop being so darned self-righteous you ain't perfect either.

----------------

BITCH

In response to a comment -- I want to be a bitch. I know that in reality I am not a bitch, I am a pushover, a sucker, a softy, the spawn of my father who is the biggest softy of the year award winner for 70 years running. If I can convince myself otherwise, maybe I will be a little stronger. Stop, taking my delusions away from me, Sis. hehehe

----------------

STRAIGHT BUT NO WHERE's NEAR CLEAN

The house is straight, it is tidy, it is neat but it is not clean. (Thank you J**** for helping me accomplish that feat.) Do you understand what clean would mean? With three kids, I'd have to ban them from their home to have a clean house.

I watched a show on HGTV about a KCU (Kitchen Crime Unit) and thought -- ewwww. These people went to a person's house, degraded them in front of the world, ran forensics on bacteria, etc. in their kitchen. By the end of the show you would think that Child services would be coming to take the kids away because of staph on a sponge.

It made me realize, there is no way to have a truly clean house.

----------------

TOYS TOYS TOYS

What do you do with old toys? They don't sell well in a yard sale. Charities only want new in a box. I have a room full of toys. This is the next project -- ridding my house of all of these toys.

---------------

GOOGLED MY DAUGHTER'S NAME LAST NIGHT

Well, we were bored. So my daughter and I googled her name. She is six. We saw her name. It looked innocent enough in the Google description of the site. My daughter has the same name as a very large breasted woman that doesn't mind showing herself and her antics to all of the world. Hmmmm. Well, hmmmmm. So what do you say to the six year old?

Then I got to thinking -- OMG in a few years, a little boy may have a crush on my little girl and Google her name. OH NO!!!!! This is what he'll find, and then he'll see those assets, and then he'll remember the name, then he'll think of my daughter, get the keys and lock her up NOW.

I'm in so much trouble when they get to that phase...

No comments: