Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I'm Poop

CAR TROUBLES

Got the van back today -- it cost $368.95 to fix. I drove it three separate times and the third time -- to pick up my babies, it overheats AGAIN.

I call the garage, and they are going to replace the thermostat on it tomorrow. I would fuss about it not being fixed right the first time, but I read this thing in the mechanic's office that pretty much was right. A doctor goes to school and he costs a whole lot more than a mechanic and only has one model to work on that hasn't changed in 2000 years (the human body). A mechanic has over 700 models and they change every year, they have electronics, vacuum systems, heating and air conditioning..... and you expect them stereotypically your high school drop outs to get it right the first time and to be cheap? So don't complain.

Anyway, I'm driving my mom's car again and trying to be patient.

I'm going to be 40 this year and they are still having to take care of me. I couldn't afford to pay the bill. I can't afford to take care of my babies. I'm poop.

Came home and just fell into J****'s arms crying. I screamed at him, " Why can't you just take care of me?" He said, "I'm trying." In retrospect, I've never let anybody take care of me, but mama and daddy. They are getting old and are on a fixed income. I'm poop.

Hey, maybe I can get rich the redneck way -- the Powerball is up to 100 million.

-----------------
J**** LOOKS FOR A JOB

J**** went and talked to a contractor today about a job. The contractor asked him if he had transportation, J**** let him know that he doesn't have a driver's license. He talked to the manager at the store here in town and found out they aren't hiring right now, because it isn't the rush holiday season. I don't know what he's going to do about a job.

On the plus side -- he did walk to the contractor's job site and had a couple of bucks in his pocket. Enough to buy alcohol. But, he didn't. Full moon and all and he didn't. This is a good thing.

----------------
THE DVD CARS

If I have to watch the DVD Cars one more time, I'm going to scream. I can pretty much quote it by now.

Lightning McQueen "Mac, Mac!!!", Truck "I ain't no Mack, I'm a Peterbilt."
Fan, "Dip me in axle grease and call me slick."
Lightning McQueen, "Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beamer."
Mater, "He did whut in his cup?"

Sorry, going nuts. But D***** loves it and says, vroom, vroom, watch.

---------------

BUYING A BARBIE AT TARGET

Before Christmas, J**** and I went to Target to do my mother's Christmas Shopping. There were four little girls to buy for, so we bought four fashion Barbie dolls.

At this point we had been to Toys-R-Us, the Mall, and now Target. We were exhausted and I was getting real nutty.

At the cash register, I'm placing the items on the conveyer to check out. Barbie is laying with her head in a downward position in my cart, so all I see is straight up her dress. I say the first thing that comes to mind. "Hey, Barbie is like Britney - she ain't wearin' panties. " The cashier cracks up, J**** cracks up and shakes his head. BUT, the woman in front of me is indignant and offended.

"Well, I just can't believe she just said that, I never, and in public about a child's doll." This woman may have been in her early 50's and I'm 39. Well, the lovely cashier looks at her and says, "Are you her mother?"
I just love life's little moments of justice. Don't you?

1 comment:

GUYK said...

There are several reasons that a motor will overheat and a thermostat is just one of them..a clogged radiator is another as well as cracked heads..bad head gaskets..bad water pump..and the list goes on..but at what you were charged all of this should have been checked out..sounds to me like a rip off..

Tell J for me that it is one day at a time but it does get easier as time goes by provided he really wants to get sober and stay that way..there are millions of us who have succeeded and millions more who have not..be nice if there was a pill we could take but there ain't..it is just a change of life style we have to make..the decision to live or die