Friday, December 22, 2006

What Happened to Your Christmas Tree?


This is all J****'s fault you know...

A few weeks ago my SIS wrote in her blog a very happy post. This post was about how her SON surprised her one day after she had surgery and he and his wife came to visit just to help her put up her Christmas tree. She had a picture on her blog of this beautiful tree, and you could tell by the words she wrote that she had a great time and was excited about Christmas with her grandbabies.

But, today three days before Christmas, my SIS has taken down her Christmas tree.

Why? Because of a post on my blog from way back in September. Not sure how it all came about, I think when the law made J**** leave, he had someone look up the blog, that someone told someone it existed and then (why the long wait until it is brought up?) 11 days later it is finally an issue. So, someone was well meddlin' don't ya think?

Now my blog is no longer anonymous. I could do like SIS and delete this blog, but this blog has made me the strong person that I am and has enabled me to make it as far as I have gotten with resolving my issues with my marriage.

So -- since the post was written to my SIS' family and they have now read the post, it has served its purpose and I will delete it. However, it was seen by them three months after the fact and out of context and doubtful that they remember the issues that led up to why I was so angry at them? Honestly and regretably, I had forgotten about writing it.

Also, being 3 months later, I would have said things differently, because in some ways they have made a lot of progress. Plus, I have found out things that I didn't know back then, because we all know there are two sides to every story. And, strangely enough, I am a little saner and not as angry.

So, at the end of this stressful year for us all -- let's review the last three months brought on by the unfortunate reading of the post but it's all good...

A***** and her family have moved. She's about the same.

R***** her husband has made wonderful progress he has sought out professional help with his addiction to pain pills (prescription at that) and through a lot of work seems to be overcoming this problem. He has held a good factory job for a couple of months now and is working at being the provider that I asked him to be in my previous post. I am proud of him and it is hard to dig yourself out of a deep hole. Yes, I was angry at him in September but I had recently been to his house and watched him roll his eyes at a respiratory therapist, spend his paycheck on pills, and expect his sick wife to be able to take care of three kids while he slept in until noon. I think he can see why I was mad at that time.

Y***** has given me her side of the story in this past three months and well, ya know what, she just may be the one keeping that family together, either way, she's damned if she's does and she's damned if she doesn't.

M****** I worry about deeply, he has had so much happen to him that I'm afraid he's going to snap. Yes, I want to piss him off, I want him to come over here yelling and screaming at me, I want to grab him by his shiny bald head and just cry with him. I want to tell him NayNay loves you and wants you to talk to her. I hope I made you mad, now let it out and let me have it -- quit bottling it all up damn it.

So, anyway, I hope to see all of you at Christmas. I didn't buy anyone a gift. But, everything happens for a purpose -- yep, truth hurts sometimes. But, reflect on then versus now and see how you've grown.

It's all good.

Get over it and whoever started this mess, SHAME ON YOU.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a bummer. I really enjoyed reading your sister's blog too. Not sure why she had to delete her whole blog though. All her past posts are gone. That's a shame.

I hope you are feeling better.

Merry Christmas!

Cindy

Nay said...

If the person that read mine -- read hers too -- then it would have been worst. She'll be back in the new year, at least that is what she says.

Anonymous said...

wow...that is a shame. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I know of two military folks that were actually sent to the brig for posting things that, at the time seemed important and later in hind sight didn't seem to be a problem, HIGHER decided WAS a problem and a serious one at that.