Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's a Little Too Late...


The Holiday's are upon us. Life is well, hectic. Here's the nitty gritty.

Shopping is done. Hooray. J**** and I got that done on Saturday. We even did Mama's shopping for her.

D***** and J**** and I have the flu. My fever is gone so I am back to work. I feel like crap. I told the doctor to just give me the shot they give animals to put them down. I feel that bad. I feel as though I've been beaten with a two by four. F**** went to school this morning but was complaining that she was starting to feel poorly. Please God, don't let her catch it. We just need to make it until Tuesday. Shoo flu Shoo.



J**** is the perfect husband. I really appreciate it and all. He's let me rest, woke me up to give me my medicine. He's taken care of the girls when they get off of the bus. Done their homework with them. Changed the boy's poopy butt. Everything he's supposed to do. Been very patient and loving. Not punished them for his withdrawals, which I know he's experiencing because I see the shakes and cold sweats.

But, I am not falling for it. I can't do it. There's a country song. It never fails, there is always an appropriate heart breaking song. Isn't there?

Mark Chestnut sings this song...

Well, early this morning it dawned on me
the kind of man she needed me to be
she made a list and laid it there beside me on the bed
now what I should-a done keeps running through my head

Chorus
Oh I should-a done this and I should-a done that
I should-a been there then she'd-a never left
I should-a been hangin' on every word she ever had to say
but it's a little too late she's a little too gone
she's a little too right I'm a little too wrong
now would be a good time to change
but it's a little too late.


Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the things that he is doing. He is being the World's Greatest Dad right now and it is NOT tongue in cheek when I say that, and yes, I am being Super Bitch. Why? Because, he needs to just go on and go. How else do you make someone go who won't, but keep pushing? It's for his own good. It's for my own good. It's all Good.
----------------
My brother, the SON is on his way home from Florida today. So Mama is happy.

Sis is blah and says, BAH HUMBUG.

D***** says Ho, Ho.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work, friend. One day at a time. Merry Christmas, and go away, flu!