Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Timely Websearch

I found a website authored by a professor. He has lots of helpful information on his site. Seemed timely to my current situation -- so here tis...

To let go doesn't mean to stop caring for you, it means I can't live your life for you.
To let go is not to cut myself off from you, it is the realization that I can't control you.
To let go is not to enable you, but to allow you to learn from natural consequences.
To let go is to admit my powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To let go is not to try to change you or to blame you, I can only change myself.
To let go is not to care for you, but to care about you.
To let go is not to "fix" you, but to be supportive of your efforts.
To let go is not to judge you, but to allow you to be a human being.
To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow you to effect your own outcomes.
To let go is not to be protective of you, it is to permit you to face reality.
To let go is not to deny reality, but to accept reality.
To let go is not to nag you, scold you, or argue with you, but to search out my own shortcomings and to correct them.
To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes and to cherish the moment.
To let go is not to criticize and regulate you, but to try to become what I dream I can be.
To let go is not to regret the past but to grow and live for the future.
To let go is to fear less and love more.
(Anonymous)

Pretty much puts it all in a nutshell for me -- doesn't it? I've also linked in my books and articles section his article on codependence. WOW -- the definition is me summed up.

No comments: