Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Changes...

Well they blocked blogger at work and other blogs and newsgroups.

Updates:
  • Spoke with J****'s supervisor last night. He's an alcoholic too, but one good thing about alcoholics -- they can be honest to a fault. B**** told me that J**** is stopping and drinking most of the time during the day. And, is on the road to losing his job. He is definitely going to be passed over for his raise.
  • I am coming to grips with this whole thing and am about to let him have the ultimatum and ask him to leave -- if he stays he has to go to AA.
  • J**** is still driving around drinking and driving with his suspended license. It is only a matter of time. What will it take for him to grow up?
  • I sat in on my first real Al-Anon meeting today and it was very helpful and timely. They spoke of changes and how hard it is to accept change. We try to change the alcoholic when we ourselves need to undergo a lot of personal change. Here is the online chat group that I attend -- Miracles in Progress. They are a great bunch of folks.
  • I've pretty much shut myself down here lately, I realize this. Have been letting things go that I shouldn't. So my goal for this week is to get my finances in order and catch up the bills, redo my automatic withdrawals and such so they come out of my bank account, close our joint account and get ready to let him go.
Just thought I'd check in -- nothing major going on right now except I'm doing a lot of thinking and sorting things out. Check out my sister's blog -- Debbie's Home and Stuff. A link to her sight is listed under my blog section. Aren't my great-niece and great-nephew adorable. After reading you will see -- we are a lot alike. Sorry D*****, but it is true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone should setup a wireless access point with access to another internet connection for you. One simply cannot exist without blogging. Know anyone who could help with that?

One thing leaped out at me in this otherwise outstanding post:
***********************************
I am coming to grips with this whole thing and am about to let him have the ultimatum and ask him to leave -- if he stays he has to go to AA.
***********************************

I'm not an Alcoholic and haven't had exposure in a familial sense with serious alcoholics. I don't know if this tactic is useful and "prescribed".

All that being said, it sounds to me like you are giving HIM an out while still allowing your kids to be subjected to his behavior.

He can get a sponsor to pick him up anywhere for an AA meeting of that I am almost certain. He calls the contact number, explains he has 2 DUI's or whatever the number is, has a suspended license, but really wants to attend the meeting. If they can't send someone or even a cab, he doesn't need to be in that group anyway.