Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Peaceful Reprieve

J**** is serving his first weekend in jail and will be back in the morning. He went in at 7:30 pm on Friday night. The girls, D***** and I have had a peaceful weekend. We spent most of the day with my sister yesterday and I've spent lots of time with them, keeping their minds off of their daddy's situation.

Sadly or gladly whose to say, they never mentioned missing their daddy this weekend.

And yes, it has been a very nice weekend - the house is a mess, but playing with them was much more important and I'm doing the laundry as I blog.

I didn't miss him and I am not looking forward to him being back tomorrow. Before, he went into the jail on Friday -- I looked him in the eye and told him to take this time away from us to reflect on his situation and how he plans to recover.

Shame on me - I didn't go to church this morning. I didn't want to hear anything negative or answer any questions, it has been such a nice time. Next weekend will be much anticipated.

No comments: