Monday, February 19, 2007

Cymbalta is NOT in Africa

Okay --

BHP cancelled our appointment on Friday and we've rescheduled for the 22nd at 1:00 p.m.

The first doctor's appointment resulted in the following:
I told him that I didn't want to go back on the Prozac because it made me not give a damn. I didn't care about the finances, the house, I tolerated a whole lot more than I should. I DON'T think that I am depressed. I think that I have a lot of stress. I think that I am overwhelmed.

It does work on the pain -- but boy oh boy -- I've had folks explain to me what it is like to be on a cocaine buzz -- well baby today I was GEEKING. Funny since my profession is Geek. Hehehehehehehehehe.

Here's what this medicine is doing to me:
  • I speak like I'm an auctioneer
  • I am constantly moving
  • Lots of energy for half the day
  • Major sleepiness like kerplunk rest of the day
  • I really don't give a damn
  • My comment filter is turned off -- I'll tell it like it is right now baby.
  • The nausea is about gone, the severe diarrhea is not -- supposedly it will constipate you, but not me -- always expect the opposite from me -- I know -- ewwww.
  • The thought of food disgusts me. Ewwww.
  • The headachy part is over -- but day one and two -- I was sick as a DAWG.
  • The pain in my joints is lessening -- so that part is working.
  • I still can't figure out the trance like states that it puts me in - I had one last night that lasted about 1 1/2 hours and driving to work today -- well, I just kept going and was way off course.
I was going to stop taking it, but decided I'd do one week and see if the symptoms subsided. A lot of folks that I've read their reviews on sites have said that it does work if you can get past the initial week or so... We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nay,

Is there Bipolar in your family? I ask because my mother was put on depression meds, and for years, and medicine after medicine, the same thing happened.

And then she found a doctor-finally-that saw it for what it was..Bipolar Disorder. When you put a Bipolar patient on depression meds, it has many of the same side effects as you are describing.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, because you do not want to continue to take them if that IS the case, it can cause bad things to happen!

Hopefully you are just having a time getting used to it. Speak with your doctor, tell exactly what is going on, and go from there. I will be praying for you!