Friday, August 04, 2006

Access Blocked

One of my favorite "coping mechanisms" has been taken away from me at work. If I try to contact my online Al-anon friends, this is what I get. If I want to look at this blog or anything else on Blogger, this is what I get. Flickr, Youtube, Bible searches, my bank, you name it, this is what I get. It is making me NUTS. Thanks Governor Fletcher for Reining In" insteading of "Unbridling" this Kentucky Spirit. You do realize that was a sarcastic statement. It's not just me -- the Commonwealth of Kentucky employs close to 60,000 individuals they all are being blocked from all of the same sites all over a little politics.

NOTE: I understand that from 8-4:30 I am their employee and they are not there for my surfing pleasure. But for a government entity to censor on such a large scale the web, and the magnitude of micromanagement involved in such an endeavor that should be handled by immediate supervisor is unreasonable.

Access Blocked

The Web page you are trying to reach has been blocked
by the Commonwealth's Content Security Management system.

If you feel this page is being blocked in error, please contact
your Local Administrator.

If you do not have a Local Administrator, please contact
the Commonwealth Office of Technology's Help Desk via e-mail.
Using the link below will help send us the appropriate information:

Cot-XXXXXXXX@ky.gov


If you can't e-mail, please call 502-564-XXXX

Commonwealth of Kentucky Homepage (http://kentucky.gov).

2 comments:

Nicki said...

That bites monkey butt. I would be so freaked if they did that at work. Although our system moves so slow because of all the traffic online. So I guess they'd be justified in doing so.

Still bites monkey butt, though.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, my buddy Ernie has done a number on several people.

Not to worry...with the Merit Scandal, health care debacle, continued political incompetence, and now this...there's not a chance in hades of him getting reelected.

I see that at least two other blogs that are blocked, one from the far right and the other from the far left politically, have called for his political head. One has to wonder if this is politically motivated...nah...couldn't be that. Perhaps it's just that COT is just incompetent? Hmmm...yep...that's it.