Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Yippee -- My Mechanic Loves Me

It's not going to be as bad as I thought that it would be. All I need after he actually got to tear into the motor is the following:

  • New main bearings - The main bearings go between the crank and the engine block. These are made of a softer metal so that you don't wear out your crank or engine block.
  • New rod bearings -The connecting rod bearings are metal inserts that go between the crank and the connecting rod.
  • New oil pump - An oil pump is a pump designed to supply pressurised oil to a closed system.


$700 ( parts, labor, and towbill) and I get my van back tomorrow.

I prayed hard, real hard -- I know this sounds so Pentecostal -- but God answered my prayers. That's a better number than the $2600 quoted before.

Thank you.

No comments: