Monday, August 13, 2007

What a Day...

"I, (name) take thee, (name) to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish, 'til death do us part."

Today was for worse.

Got up at 6:00 a.m. - got girls off to school.

J**** came home around 7:30 a.m. told me he was going with T** and S******** from work to move a mattress and box springs -- they said that he owed him, because T** helped him move his Dad. Well, I knew right then and there, that there would be alcohol available. It sort of perturbed me because, here I am sick and he won't raise a finger to help me, but acts like a fiend to go and help these two strong looking people move a mattress and box springs. Heck, I could do that myself.

I have been sick with a sinus infection for about a week. Went to doctor at 9:00 am - took boy with me.

After doctor appointment I decide to take boy to get a haircut, talk to J**** on phone, he is at home now and is sounding loud. Says, "I want a haircut, too." I swing by the house and get him. He is beligerent. We go to barbershop and unbeknownst to me it is closed on Mondays. As we leave he says well let's go to next town and go to barbershop. I tell him I would rather not, too far, and doc says I need to rest. Okay, then lets go eat. I tell him I'll cook him a big breakfast and he can get some rest, because we all had eye doctor appointments later today and he needs sleep.

He blows up. "I'm tired of you bitching at me about my sleep. I work 6 days a week and go in early, I will sleep when I want too." I calmly tell him that the only thing I "bitch" about is that he decides to stay up all day and sleep when we are home and his children and I miss him. He gets angrier and says they don't miss him and "shut your fuckin' mouth or I'll shut it for you." He goes on to say he doesn't see himself hanging around much longer.

Boy is in the van with us.

We get close to the entrance to our subdivision and he says "let me out at the end of the road. " Well, all I can think is he's going to go and drink. I tell him, "No, I'll take you home, but I'm not letting you out because boy will cry." Which is a true statement. So he proceeds to open the door to the van and tells me to stop and let him out. Well, I'm not in a good place to stop, I begin to slow down and he jumps out of the van.

Oh my, now what do I do?

I look in rearview and he is sprawled in the middle of the road, glasses laying in road and hat flung across the road. He is motionless.

Oh my.

I turn the van around and pull up beside of him. People come into their front yards. I get out of van. He is knocked out cold and there is blood coming from his head.

Oh my.

I smack his cheek (gently actually) and he begins to open his eyes, I look at him and say "Why did you jump out? Why didn't you let me stop?" I pick him up (yep, I'm a stout ol' gal) and put him back in the van. By now boy has gotten out of his carseat and is up and screaming -- "Daddy jump, Daddy fall, Daddy bleed." I get J**** and boy back in van and go on home.

J**** staggers into house and up the stairs to bathroom, blood pouring from head, lots of road rash, and gets into shower. He changes clothes and I get his Dad out of bed to help me with him. Boy is running around hollering, "Daddy jump! Daddy bweed!" J****'s head is bleeding and has a very large knot.

We go to emergency room. He lies to emergency room people about what happened. They keep telling him he smells of alcohol.

I finally get home at 1:30 p.m. J**** is fine according to doctors and they prescribe him Lortab (a narcotic), just what he needs. (sarcasm)

I take a short nap until girls get off of bus -- boy has fallen asleep too.

I go through the girls' backpacks, my Mama picks up boy. Girls and I go to eye doctor, where I have my eyes dilated.

I get back to town, pick up medicine, pick up boy, get home at 7:00 p.m. Feed children, do homework, get J**** up at 8:00 p.m. to go to work.

J**** says he doesn't remember anything after getting into van at the barbershop. Blackout. He says he didn't drink and that it was a DT blackout. I say bullshit.

He leaves at 8:30 -- kids go to bed at 9:00 (too late).

Boy won't go to sleep until 10:30 -- asking about Daddy.

I finally get laundry done -- actually have one load to fold and dryer just stopped.

I had no rest. But my ears finally popped -- they were full of fluid from the sinus infection. It was quite a day.

My head hurts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have way more patience than I do.

Did he take that lortab? Mixing that and alcohol can be fatal.

MeHereNow said...

I'm sure you're going to think what I say is too harsh but I care about you and your babies and I'm VERY worried about you.
You are WAY stronger than I am - if it was me in the van and not you I think the question would be did he jump or was he pushed.
Sorry,I hope I haven't hurt you but I know you deserve better than this.Every once in a while stuff like this would break the "monotony" but this is your everyday life that is one struggle after another.I sincerely hope you have someone/something for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Your earlier blog - I Can't!

Can you now?

Anonymous said...

Should've pushed him out while going over a bridge!