Thursday, August 09, 2007

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

I despise lies. Why lie? You will get caught in the lie. Lying does not alleviate stress, it causes MORE stress. So why lie to me.

I know when he's been drinking -- so why lie to me about it? I know if he doesn't go to work -- so why lie to me about it?

After the lie -- I call him on the lie -- so the stress starts with the lie -- continues through the confrontation phase -- then the resentment -- the hurt -- everything.

JUST GET IT OVER WITH AND TELL THE TRUTH.

I know Al-anon teaches that you can't cure it, you didn't cause it, and you can't control it. But I'll be damned it I'm going to take lying as an acceptable mode of communications.

Why lie? Why can't you talk to me? Why do we have a problem communicating with each other?

I love him, I no longer trust him, he says he can't talk to me, he doesn't want to burden me with his problems.

Trigger this time = Meeting at work where all OTHER employees were scolded for slacking and he was pointed out as a great worker. So he gets all worked up about the other employees being angry at him.

So he drinks -- not a lot, but enough to, in his opinion, be unable to work. So no work - equals an incident at work. We cannot afford him to lose this job.

I bet he lied about his reason not to work to his supervisor. Oh the stories I could tell about the lies he told his supervisor. One involved his mother -- saying she had a stroke -- ummm use your brain -- your supervisor knows your mother.

Ephesians 4:25 (King James Version)

25Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Oh well...

No comments: