Friday, April 27, 2007

Observations

Jesus Loves Me

The above link takes you to a page from our bulletin at church. It is an anonymous story of a 92 year old preacher that tells of the most important lesson that he has learned in his life. That lesson is to remember these words:

Jesus Love Me,
This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.

Little ones to him belong,
They are weak,
But he is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me...
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus love me,
The Bible tells me so.

The simplest wonders in life are remembered and the greatest lessons in life can be learned by watching your children.

My middle girl was saying her prayers the other night. She says the sweetest prayers. She prays to God like she is talking to her daddy. She said, "God, I miss my Popaw J***." (he passed away a few years ago) "Can you let him come back and play with me?" "Pweeease, Pweeease, Pweeeeeeaaaaase?" "I really do miss him." She understood the power of God. She may not completely understand the finality of death. But she knew that if anybody could, God could bring back her Popaw.

Children have a great imagination. Much like the children's show "Backyardigans" I watch my three and the neighbor children having amazing adventures in the backyard. They climbed a mountain and the garden hose was the rope for repelling down the mountain. Enjoyment from simple things, reminds me of Christmas time when you buy them the expensive gift and they play with the boxes, bows and paper and set the expensive gift to the side.

Right now they are playing with my digital camera and taking pictures of each other. The giggles are filling the air. It is the most beautiful sound you will ever hear.

Now some quotes:

"God cannot be everywhere, so he made mothers." Arab Proverb
"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible." Ruth Bell Graham
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots the other is wings." Hodding Carter

As the song says -- "Baby I'm amazed by you."

No comments: