Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Nothing in Particular

Confession: I have been smoking again -- the sign will be right on Friday -- so I'll lay the pack down again. No particular reason to start back -- just bored at night -- it was warm outside -- just seemed like the thing to do. Bless his heart -- J**** said tongue in cheek, "Does this mean I can drink a beer?" I told him, just like me -- you'd have to start back at day one. But, it is a personal choice. More or less he said I'll pass. Oh, he has been "Dipping Skoal or one of those tobacco things." Ewwwwww.

First Shift - J**** and his dad have been working at the warehouse in another town - on first shift. First shift is nice because he is at home with me and the young'ns every night. Neither of them have a driver license so they are riding with a coworker. For convenience Papaw is staying with us this week, along with his 18 pack of Miller Lite in the refrigerator. Is that disrespectful to our house? My husband respected my wishes and did not keep alcohol in the home or drink it at home. Why would there be a double standard? I respect my parents' home and do not smoke around them. I fear that it will make J**** want to drink. Even after 100+ days of sobriety. I know that cravings are hard to control. I love Papaw very much, but I don't know how to approach this. I guess since J**** is the man of the house, he will do as he sees fit. I just hope that he can handle it. I will NOT live with alcoholism AGAIN. I will pray about this. (If you can't read the sign, I love it - at the bottom it says "Women work all the time, men have to put up signs when they work."

Sober Steve - J**** and I have made blog friends. Sober Steve has a wonderful blog. He has a post that his wife wrote about feeling trapped. I read her letter and it made me cry. To recognize myself in her writing. Steve should be proud, she is so very talented. You can read his post with her letter by clicking here.

Kid Funny - Check out my Flick'r pictures and see D*****'s cheese eating technique. Ms. G***** was on the telephone with Granny S and chatting away. She tells Granny, "Guess who is here?" "Your other husband." "You know, Papaw." "Do you want to talk to him?" Heheheheheh You have to understand, not a good marriage, and strained when the two talk to each other, etc. As the old saying goes, "Out of the mouth's of babes." Oh and another thing. I hope someone can answer this question from Ms. F**** "Mommy, I know God knows everything, but does he know about fashion?" A nice point to ponder.

Brownie Vest - Ms. F**** got her Brownie patches for her vest yesterday at the meeting. The leader had Alene's fabric glue and had these six year olds glue their patches to the vests. So skewed, smeared patches, and the glue stained the vests. Real Good -- I think I'll put them in a box for a scrap book or something. Sheez, this woman is sweet, the kids love her, but she's not real bright.

The Bottom Line - Just a comment: Just because the bank account online balance says $1,400, it does NOT mean that much money is available. "Where did all the money go? You had over $1,000 in the bank the other day?" Ummmm, bills. Guess we need to go over the budget again -- we both do STUPID when it comes to money. I'd like to take the Financial Peace University course. I think it would help us both -- a lot.

Cancellation - BHP cancelled our counseling session. She had an emergency. With J**** working first shift, I have no clue when we will be able to reschedule. Bummer, I was anxiously looking forward to the session. I was looking at it with hope for helping us grow together, and with fear of what I might find out about myself. I don't know if ya'll know this or not -- but I'm not perfect. Shocking huh? Coincidentally (God is wonderful, ya know) the new Bible class series on Sunday morning is about marriage.

Weather - Beautiful weather = kids outside playing = Mom gets alone time inside. Hooray!!!!

Vroom Vroom Boots - Why do all toddlers, especially boys go through a phase where they wear the same footwear every waking minute of the day? Why is this obsession usually with boots? Here are the boots that D**** loves to wear. He wears them with long pants, shorts, diaper only, to Granny's house, at home, at play, and yes to church. I tried hiding them this morning -- but he didn't stop searching until they were on his feet. Did you notice that yes, they are Snow Boots? It is 81 degrees here and he is wearing Snow Boots with shorts. I love my son.

Web Page - I have volunteered to develop the website for our church. I have a mockup ready. Here's the website it is not working as far as links and such yet. So no comments on "It doesn't work", but you can critique the design. More or less this is just what it is going to look like. www.camdenchurch.org

Got to go now -- see ya in the funny papers!!! Nay

1 comment:

Sober Steve said...

Thanks for the comments. My wife is very talented. I took that for granted all these years. Hope with time she can heal. There is a lot of hurt to get over. Hope your family is feeling better. As far with J and his dad bringing beer into the house. His program should come first no matter. His soberity. Not others feelings.

peace
Hugs and kisses
Steve