Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I Just Can't Be Satisfied

Stop drinking...he did.
Stop doing drugs...he did.
Get a job...he did.
Go to church with me...he does.
Let's get ourselves on a budget...he agrees.

Well ---she's (me) still not satisfied.
-----------------------------------------------
J**** is working third shift and still seems to be having a heck of a time adjusting to it. Hopefully the time change or seasonal change will help him. I am proud of him for sticking with it. Out of the myriads of temporary employees that the company hired J**** is one of the four that they have kept. We are keeping our fingers crossed that they will keep him as a full-time employee.

However, he gets home at 7:20 am and we get home from school/work in the evening around 5:00 p.m. That is 9 1/2 hours. He still wants to sleep until he goes to work -- he'll get up and grumble at us for being too loud, eat, snarl a bit and go back to bed. This isn't good for him or us. When, oh when, is he going to adjust?

He drinks lots of caffeine at night while he is at work and comes home with a Mountain Dew in hand. This I would imagine winds him up. He says that he can't get settled down until around 11:30 am. So this leaves him 5 1/2 hours until we get home. I 90% of the time get by on 5 or less hours of sleep a night.

Again, I hate to say...I do this, you don't do that argument. I hate the physical versus mental labor argument. So starts the Nag, Nag, Nag factor.

Physical labor versus mental labor -- hoop-ti-do -- I work my ass off at home too. Up at 5:30 I dress, feed, prepare three kids for school and child care, go to work and support 100+ users, either work through lunch or use my lunch hour to run family errands, pick up children (any after school activities - me) cook, feed them, bathe them, help with homework (sometimes he does), clean (very little until weekend). He works and sleeps - and he self proclaims that it is NOT a difficult or taxing job.

So this is me just a bitching. BHP would say that he sounds awful spoiled. I have mentioned before that he tends to have this entitlement complex.

I want us to be partners. Right now, I feel like a single mom of three, with a man upstairs paying room and board. Because the man is upstairs and is grouchy, we tiptoe around being quiet. I keep them away from their bedrooms upstairs, their toys and private space so as not to wake up daddy.

So, am I just being hard to satisfy? Is it going to get better and will he adjust? Will I have a spouse again? This can't be fun for him -- no life it seems. Will he have a life? Does he want a life?

Thank goodness we are going to counseling on the 16th.

3 comments:

Sober Steve said...

Good luck with counseling. My wife finally agreed to go also. It has helped. Probally to late, but if nothing else, it can help us be cival towards each other about the kids.

Peace
Hugs and kisses
Steve

GUYK said...

I have worked the grave yard shifts and they are tough. When one workd days one gets off work at five or so and unwinds until bedtime..and wakes up fresh to go to work. To do a job right on the grave yard shift one has to work it kie it was a day job..unwind after you get off work..go to bed around 10:30 or 11 and sleep until time to get up and go to work..just like you would working days.

Graveyards are tough on family life though it beats no job at all.

Anonymous said...

OK, i'm seriuosly co dependant . We have four beutiful children.I feel like im going to have some kind of break down i have no support .