Monday, October 02, 2006

So?

So he's staying sober, if you consider drinking O'Doul's sober.
I don't consider it -- but hey I'll compromise on that one.

So he's working.
Cash Paid no steady hours seasonal at his bosses whim.

So he's offering his paycheck to help with the bills.
Then asks me to buy his cigarettes, O'Doul's, pot, poker buy-ins.

So he has watched the boy twice so I can take the girls to their activities.
Boy napped almost the whole time.
----------------------
So, I'm tired of laundry, cleaning house, and picking up toys, shoes, cups, cans, papers, etc.
No one else seems to see the stuff just lying there.

So, I'm tired of asking him for help and hearing his childish grunts and huffing/puffing when he begrudgeonly helps.
Ummm, yeah it would be womans work but you need a man to do the man's work before that qualifies as a response.

So, I'm tired of whining from both children and him.
I have now developed an auditory filter that has disabled my hearing ability whenever someone uses the whiney voice.

So, I'm tired of my mother constantly telling me and ragging about that fact that he is of no help to you. I know, I know, quit "preaching to the choir."
I know she loves me, but tell him your problems with him, stop using me as a go between like your kids (me and brother) use you with their father.

So, I'm tired of getting up at 5:30 am and going to bed around midnight.
(Guess I need to go to bed earlier -- I'm shooting for 11 tonight.)

So, I'm tired of going to work everyday.
Once I get there it is fine -- I like my job -- it's just I'd much rather be a stay at home mom and be there full-time for the needs of my family.

So, I'm tired of paying bills and being broke.
Why can't I make ends meet. Here's my paycheck stub.
• Amounts

Gross Amount: $1,999.79
Deductions: $236.99
Taxes: $322.78
Net Amount: $1,440.02
Direct Deposit Checking: $1,440.02
Direct Deposit Saving: $0.00
Check: $0.00


So, I'm tired of dodging bill collectors calls because I forgot to change my bank account information with them.
I'll get it taken care of... get off my back. It's just a pain in the butt and I will get organized tonight.

So, I'm tired of being the only one to discipline my children, because he is way too harsh.
Stop yelling at them, talk to them, they are people.

So, I'm tired of being hated by my children because I am the only one who provides structure or discipline.
He let's them run amock unless they are bothering his agenda. I try to give them an agenda. So, I'm mean.

So, I'm tired of him staying on the computer all day and playing poker - a new addiction.
Believe me there are more important things in life, and he is never going to play in the WSOP. If he does, I'll gladly admit that I am wrong.

So, I'm tired of reminding him what is important in life.
That in 10 years, you are going to wish that you told her yes and carried her to bed instead of worrying about a $3 buyin and missing one hand of a poker game. Because in 10 years she won't want you to.

So, I'm tired of having to be his mother.
I know I was attracted by the fact that he is a mama's boy, but my goodness. Be needy with her not me.

So, I'm tired of taking care of everyone else, and no one (other than the codependent women in my family) wanting to take care of me.
You tend to let yourself go in these situations, I have started putting my makeup on again, I stopped for a long time. I'm still beautiful without it though.

So, I'm tired of being tired and grumpy and short with all around me.
This is usually caused by my being unhappy with my situation and the only one that can change that is ME.

So, I'm tired of him.
I just ignore him and let him exist in my presence - kind of like an unwanted houseguest. I really don't care what he does, just leave us alone and do your part.
--------------
So, what are his responsibilities?
Taking out the trash after being reminded.

So, what are his priorities?
Couldn't rightly say but they seem to revolve around his pleasures..

So, what does he care?
Can't say that he does because I've never "stuck to my guns."

So, what good is he to you?
None.

So, what are the benefits of keeping him around?
Hmmm, sex, kill bugs, open jars, reach things on the top shelf, no leftovers.

So, what are you waiting for?
That's what I keep asking myself.

So, shut up and do something about it all.
OK - not in any particular order.
1) Organize my time.
2) Balance Checkbook and look into David Ramsey economics stuff.
3) Prioritize and involve children in my time.
4) Back to Al-Anon.
5) Lose the baby weight.
6) Redo my goals.
7) Call the Lawyer and ask if I have to start over.
8) Start exercising with the kids.
9) Look into e-lance work for evenings and weekends to get self back on feet financially.
10) Keep on blogging.

1 comment:

Dana said...

So I'm beginning a campaign for the title of your blog to be changed to "Estranged and Getting STRONGER"! (because you are)