Friday, July 27, 2007

What's Up?

I have really been out of it here lately. Just kind of letting things slip by -- guess I'm taking a mental break from it all. Everything has just come to an apex of business, stressfulness, costliness, that I just let it all happen.

Nothing bad -- just life.

Such as...

School starts back August 9 -- so there's the getting everything ready for that. I really don't recall my mom having to buy all of this crap for me to take to 1st and 2nd grade. Kleenex, Hand Sanitizer, Baby Wipes, scissors, glue. Crayons, pencils and paper -- yes. But the other stuff. Oh well. I still haven't gotten F tennis shoes. That is something I need to put on my priority list.

Working -- I have been trying to be a good employee. I took a little mental inventory and said, ya know if you don't work hard and work good then it is the same thing as stealing. So I'm trying to be productive and I actually worked an entire week last week. I know -- it's going to snow or hell is going to freeze over.

Father-in-law -- The father-in-law is still staying at our house. He got a job and is getting his pension. Having him here hasn't been bad at all. Just puts a crimp in the marital relations part. If you know what I mean. However, it seems that all of my leave time at work is used taking care of him, J or one of the kids. I need a day to myself.

Weight Watchers -- I can't afford it. But am still losing weight. J has been attending his DUI classes like he is supposed too. This is a good thing. But -- (always a but) -- it is costing us a lot of money.

Debt Snowball -- With having to have a new motor in our van to the tune of $2k that I am having to pay my mom/dad back on, I have had to put the snowball on hold for a bit. We think we can make it to the end of the year -- with Christmas, paying off parents, emergency fund, and two children's birthday, to be able to get back on the Snowball in January. Plus one of the creditors that I was kind of ignoring (I know shame on me) finally reared its ugly head. So that is back on the docket. HOWEVER -- WE WILL NOT USE CREDIT FOR ANYTHING ELSE.

Project -- The family went "junking" last weekend as the kids would call it and hit a lot of yardsales. We got 12 peachtree windows and one very nice entry door for $120.00. So our new project will be to enclose our back porch and make a sunroom, florida room, three seasons room, whatever that is called. It's going to be sooooo cool. The back porch already has a concrete floor, electricity, and a roof. We just need to frame it in, add windows, insulation, vinyl, and drywall and voila. One inexpensive room. I am searching Craigslist, more yardsales, and job sites for the other inexpensive materials.

Good Samaritan -- I have been trying to do, not necessarily random acts of kindness, but have at least been trying to brighten the days of folks that I know need a pick me up. I bought a lot of blank cards to send to people I know who are sick, sad, or have even had an accomplishment just to make them feel better or acknowledge them. I let the kids draw pictures in them and take a picture of us all doing something fun, print it out, and then put an easel on the back. They have these easels at the Dollar Tree that are really cool, ya just stick them on the back of the picture. The kids learn about helping others this way and it makes me smile to think that maybe someone else is smiling when they receive them.

On the Wagon -- So far so good. J has been staying on the wagon. He got a promotion at work and went from a Grade three to a Grade four. Yay!! more money. My raise should take effect on August 1. Whoo Hooo -- just enough to cover the increase in insurance premiums.

My niece -- I've been talking with her on the phone a lot lately and she's coming back into my life. I've always thought of her like a child of my own and definitely a good friend. I hate it that when things are bad, we tend to back away from our family, the one's that we should turn too. We do this out of a desire not to disappoint. But I could never be disappointed in her. Growing pains hurt -- even if you are an adult and everyone does stupid at one time or another. I'm proud of her progress.

My sister -- She has so much on her plate right now, new job, daughter and grandkids home with her. I miss her.

That's all for now. I promise I will get back into the regimen of self discovery and start talking about my religious beliefs and how they have affected me personally, socially, and intimately. About my hangups and all of that good stuff.

TTYL

1 comment:

me-unlucky in ky said...

I love you soooooo MUCH!
your niece