Monday, July 16, 2007

Last Week

I know I haven't blogged for a while. Things have been hectic and I feel right now like I've always got someone watching over my shoulder.

I love my father-in-law, but he is lost right now and is interested in the "cool" things I do on the computer. Work has also been really hectic -- so, I'm taking the last few minutes of my lunch hour today to update the going's on in this never-ending drama.

Sound like my sister -- "Drama Queen anonymous" We should start a recovery group.

Father-in-law rented a UHaul and moved all of his stuff out of his apartment last week (Wednesday). Well, they didn't have a licensed driver, so I got to drive a 26 foot standard shift diesel UHaul. Yeah -- I'm bad!

Hubby decided to get a "friend" from work to help -- another non licensed drunk who brought his own supply of Bud Dry. Hubby decided hey -- its okay -- I'll embibe in some too. Dumbass. Well, a few made him grumpy, he was hot, tired from no sleep and he yelled at us all day -- hurry up, I need to work tonight. I need to get to bed. I, I, I, I, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Yep, he yelled at his dad for taking 20 minutes to register for the storage building, but it took him 1 1/2 hours to get back from "friends" apartment. Yeah -- he was REALLY worried about getting home and getting to bed.

Can you read the dripping sarcasm between the lines?

So he slept it off and tried to go to work -- when he got there he reeked of alcohol and his supervisor sent him home "off the record." He didn't come home. He went to the pool room in the neighboring town, from there to the bar, where he met up with three hoodlums. Ended up in Louisville which is over an hour away at a "titty" bar where they would not admit him because he was too intoxicated and not dressed appropriately for their fine establishment.

Somehow he ended back home the next morning after I got to work. He had been beaten up and had lost his lunch pack containing identification information and other important "stuff." He was with the rumored to be town junkie. He, town junkie, and our dog (why, I don't know) took off walking and the next I heard from him was when I got a call from my mother.

Mother said he pulled into the drive in an old blue pickup truck with the dog. He had on no shoes and was DRUNK.

I leave work to pick up my van which was done at the repair shop and to receive the intoxicated spouse. I take spouse and dog home. Spouse has a black eye, a cut over eye, and is soaking wet from swimming the Kentucky River. I know, don't ask.

Now I have to figure out who this truck belongs too, is it stolen, where does it go, etc... I find out that truck belongs to junkie -- I track down where he lives and attempt to return the truck... BUT, it runs out of gas. I leave it parked in a lot in town. Take his keys and place them in his mailbox with a scathing note to simply stay away from my husband and my family.

Hubby doesn't go into work again on Thursday night. He is on probation at work.

Hubby is now charming, perfect, church going, great dad, king of all that is perfect and pure in this world. I'm still pissed.

So -- what about it...

He spent about 60 bucks on his excursion, lost his lunch box, lost his glasses (found by his sister), lost his shoes (retrieved from dock at the river), lost his shirt and hat (found at my parents), lost his id for work (10 bucks to get a new one), lost my parents respect for his accomplishments in recent months, will be placed back on probation, lost his vacation time for family reunion, lost my trust.

I hope it was worth it.

Okay so the river ordeal. Yep, sis, he went to see your ex-husband. Nuff said.

2 comments:

Tired of "Drama Queen" said...

Call me. What a butt-head. Who in the heck? What in the heck? What in the world? How in the heck? What on earth! Has he finally lost his freaking mind?

Especially being around my EX. We are so disappointed. Shamey Shamey Shame on him.

xoxoxoxo

HotDudi said...

Wow, it sounds like you've been....busy?!

I don't think anyone can really appreciate the real effects of alcoholism unless they experience it first hand so I'm not going to insult you by pretending to know what you're going through. I will however wish you well & hope that it gets better soon...