Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's been a while

I know, I know, it has been a long time since I have written here.

Things are just wild.

Kids going to school.
Kids going to dance.
Softball tryouts.
Girlscouts.
Church.
Website development.
Flu * 6 -- and it's after illnesses have us all down.
The house looks worst than it ever has -- it is nasty. The loveseat in the den is now a huge laundry table.
There is just always something.

To top it all off -- as I have said, time and again, I feel like a single parent. Hubby just won't do anything -- other than add to angst.

I knew the type of man I was marrying, so I shouldn't be surprised. Read something the other day that I thought I should post on the bathroom mirror "The only person that can make me happy, is me."

Yes, he is still drinking -- once a week real good, but it is sort of "out of site, out of mind." With him working third shift, he gets drunk, and is in bed sleeping it off when we get home.

But even if he is not drinking - he still spends the entire time we are home, hidden away in our bedroom upstairs. His is a miserable existence and I explained this to him yesterday. He had been drinking or doing something to make him "not just right" and was an hour late getting in from work. He ate 4 BLT sandwiches, 3 eggs, and a huge glass of milk. Needless to say -- there wasn't anything for the kids -- so I had to make another breakfast for them. He took his food to his cave and when he came down the stairs - he fell all the way to the bottom with his plate and glass breaking on the way down. "Take me to the hospital. "

I examined him, and there was nothing wrong with him, I told him to go to bed. He whined for three hours and kept yelling down the stairs for me -- you don't love me, I probably have a broken rib puncturing my lung, you don't care. I told him to get in the car -- and I took him to the hospital and left him there. Needless to say, there was nothing wrong with him.

Now why all the fuss? Well, his orthopaedic doctor has taken him off of his pain pills. Need I say more?

Earlier this week, he drove his dad's car to my niece's house (same day he had his doctor's appointment) and wrecked it. He wasn't hurt, police didn't get him, but yes, he was drunk and the car looks bad now. Grrrrrr.

So everytime, I try to accomplish something, someone else's needs come up.

Right now -- I am waiting for someone to call because they have NO money, they are sick, they say no one is hiring, and they have 2 babies. They asked for money, I called and told them I would take them to the grocery. I have to get my 3 babies out to do this. Wonder if they will call since I am not giving cash? Things for them have got to change.

Sometimes I just wish someone would say -- "What can I do for you?"

---------------

Just happened to glance up and the kids are watching a DVD with music and the boy is dancing. My Little Pony Christmas "There is nothing that says Christmas like a pair of socks." Makes me remember every year my brother would come in from Florida and have a huge bag full of really nice socks -- we would pass around the bag -- and everyone would get a pair of socks. Good times.

1 comment:

MeHereNow said...

Missed you! Glad you stopped by!

I know I'm a bit far away but .......


"what can I do for you?"

Meant with true sincerity BTW!

xx