Friday, November 02, 2007

What's Going On...

Happy Belated Halloween!!My Three Goblins

I know, I know. It's been a while since I've updated everyone on the goin's on in our household. Why? Because like my sister's blog I've been busy as a bee. With what? Work, kids, household chores, running here and there with young'ns, church, Halloween, just plain ol' being a mom. Life is good when that is what you can say about your life.

J****? You ask? Well, his situation is neither here nor there. For the most part he is staying sober. We are not home during the day -- which is his night time. There's been a few mornings when we have our morning phone calls and I can tell he has been drinking. But he's asleep when we get home and well...like I've said before "life goes on."

Life goes on -- I've told him in the past and I still tell him -- this train don't stop for no one. So it is his choice if he wants to hop on and ride with us or not. We don't put anything on hold for him. If he decides he'd rather stay up all day and sleep when we are home, it is his loss. We go out to eat, we go to school functions, we go to church or we just plain ol' go and goof off.

One fun ride -- we went this past Sunday and had family pictures taken at the Olan Mills studio. It was fun. They took one picture of J**** and I and we had the giggles. We were to take a serious all googly eyed picture of us being snuggly -- well we had to laugh. The photographer said we looked like we just ate a pickle. Here's pics of the girls getting their hair ready for the appointment.














I have also been working on the church's presence on the web. I created a blog for them at Searching for the Truth? If no one else gets anything from it, I will because I usually have to retype the articles and then I have to create the links. So, this means I reread and get to look over the verses. Kind of like a daily devotional. I am trying to put a new article up every day. The articles aren't written by me, but they are good articles.

I guess when you are checking us out and it has been a while since I have posted, you can always remember the old adage, "No news is good news."


No comments: