Monday, September 24, 2007

Perfectly Aggravated


He's drinking.

He don't care.

He treats me like I'm a stupid wench.

The time he spends with his children is only a time of severe frustration and aggravation for him. He has no patience with anything that they do... If any of us call his name, he responds, "WHAT!!!" That 14 year old teenage aggravated with your mom "WHAAAT!!"

If you ask him for help -- he huffs and stomps.

If I ask him for a kiss, he leans down and doesn't even pucker -- just touches my face with his.

He has no emotions towards me. We were actually alone after the kids went to bed and he never once advanced towards me.

His dad thinks there may be someone else. I don't care. I just want better.

I'm tired.

I'm lonely.

I need him.

I watched a video today produced by the agency where I work. The final phrase struck me -- but not about education, but about life. The last phrase was -- "The only thing you do perfectly is nothing."

Right now I am so frustrated -- and I do absolutely NOTHING about it. I ask him to change or to be a larger part of our family and he does absolutely NOTHING about it. We are PERFECT!!!

I see it -- I know the signs -- He wants out but is afraid to get out. He doesn't want to be a dad, a husband, or responsible for anything...

So we all just sit around doing nothing, being miserable. That's just Perfect.

4 comments:

Tired of "Drama Queen" said...

I'm sorry sissy. I hate seeing you live my life. You deserve so much better. I love you.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like his Cranio Rectal Disorder (CRD) is acting up. The best cure for that is a cast-iron skillet.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Dharma Kelleher said...

I've been there. Here is what I learned.

You can't change him. Period. Don't try. It doesn't matter how nice or loving or submissive or demanding or right you might be. You can't change him.

If you don't like living with him, consider all of your options, including those you think are inconvenient or would impose on others or are difficult.

When the pain of staying where you are exceeds your fear of change, you will change.

You are worth loving.

Peace,
Dharma